Monday, December 16, 2013

Almost out of the MTC! (December 13, 2013)

So... Sorry about the lack of email last week! I was in Las Vegas getting my Visa! It was kinda really nice getting out into the real world for a minute! Haha but it was definitely a long day! We had to leave the MTC at 4:30 in the morning and got back that night at like 10:30.... It was long and tiring, but it was way fun! While we were in the airport in Vegas waiting for the plane, we were walking down one of the moving sidewalk things, and I look up and see this man walking towards us. I recognized him but thought "no.... there's no way that's him" then we got closer and one of the other hermanas just points and gasps. So yeah, it was him. Mitt Romney. Yep, I saw a possible future president of the united states. I was like three feet away from him. It was pretty cool haha. AND! Even better! We went to Ruby's diner in the airport and the lady at the cash register asked me if I was there for a conference or something, and so I told her that we were missionaries for the LDS church and that we were there getting our visas. So she started asking us if we believed in Jesus and in the Second coming, and we got super excited! We were like YES! THEN she asked if we had any books or cards or anything, so I pull out a Book of Mormon that I had with me, and gave it to her! Then she just went on and on about how much she loves Jesus and how excited she is for him to come again! It was the coolest thing! It got me SOOO excited! So yeah, it was a good day! 
This week has been more of the same haha nothing super exciting referring to classes or anything, BUT we did get to hear from another apostle! On Tuesday night, we had another devotional that was broadcasted to all of the MTCs, and Elder Quentin L Cook came and spoke to us! It was awesome! He was the THIRD apostle that has come to talk to us! And two more are coming for Christmas, but I won't be here. Apparently they haven't had this many General Authorities in such short of a time. Pretty exciting. And Elder Ballard was supposed to come last week, but the snow storm made it so he couldn't come. It has been an incredible experience. 
So last Sunday, Niell Marriott spoke for relief society! As soon as I saw her picture pop up, I got so excited and wished I was on main campus so I could talk to her and President! Before she even started speaking I was a mess. I love her and President Marriott so much! They are the best! They are such spiritual giants, and I love listening to them speak! She mentioned something about sacrament meetings when her sons would pass the sacrament and I just imagined sitting in the chapel with all of the amazing young men in our ward passing the sacrament. I have the best home ward in the world! 
I love you all and again hope everything is going well! I fly out to Mexico on Monday! It's crazy!! I am so excited to get out there and to really teach and serve people! 
Hermana Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment