Monday, March 2, 2015

5 months!

ok, fastest five months of my life. I cannot believe I have been on the mission for five months. The time really has just flown by. This week has been really good. We met with Manuel (who is going to be baptized on April 26th!) a few times, and he surprizes me time after time. It is so amazing to see him so willing to follow the gospel, how much he believes in this church, and how much more he wants to learn. Ok. Conference. Wow. How incredible is it that every six months we get to sit and listen to the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church? We get to hear the words of the Lord through these servants of Him. It is such a blessing, and I am so grateful for conference, and the leaders of the church, especially President Monson. I hope all of you got the opportunity to listen to at least a part of conference this weekend. A few things that I love about conference is that we can come with questions, and that they will be answered. I know that because i have experienced it. Also, because there are always messages that each of us needed to hear. I think the thing that stood out most to me for me was what Elder Holland and others said about preparing to be faced with challenges from the people in this world. that we are going to see struggles and have to stand up for what we believe, even if we have to stand alone. I know times are hard, and I also know times are going to get harder, but I also know that as we trust in the Lord and follow his teachings that we willbe strenghtened, and that He is ALWAYS with us with His hand outstretched toward us. I love you all so much, and am so grateful for all of you! Love, Hermana Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment