Monday, March 2, 2015

Frying in Guayamas

Soooo pretty much it´s just super hot here, but i´m loving it! 
This week has been a bit of a roller coaster, but overall really good. I have learned a lot and realized a lot about the things I need to improve to become the missionary that I really want to be. 
This week my mission president announced that we are all going to work harder to be ¨preach my gospel missionaries¨ and as part of this, in our personal study every day, we are studying half an hour from the Book of Mormon, and Half an hour from Preach my Gospel starting from the beginning. i have already seen a difference in the last few days as i´ve done this, and I am so excited to work more in this. 
This last week I went on exchanges with the sister training leaders, and it was awesome. I was back in my old ward here in guaymas, and i learned so much. We didn´t get to teach a ton of different people, but i definitely walked away with things i wanted to work on and things I learned. We had a really special experience with a woman that is inactive. we went to visit her daughter because she has been wanting to go back to church, but when we got there, the mom answered the door and told us that she didn´t want anything to do with the church and she didn´t want her daughter to go either. I just stood there and wasn´t sure of what to do. I could tell she just wanted us to leave, but we started talking to her, well more my companion, and as we talked, we figured out why she felt that way. She had a few really bad experiences with some of the ward members, and with the missionaries that baptized her, and she had just held in a lot of pain and sadness from that. We explained a few things to her, and in the end, she told us that she was going to go to church on sunday, and that she wanted to have an interview with the bishop to clear everything up! I don´t know if she went because i don´t go to her ward, but I definitely learned something about diligence, about not giving up, about the importance of following the spirit and finding the needs of the people I teach. 
I love you all so much. I just want to share my testimony that I KNOW this gospel is true. I know without a doubt that it changes lives, that when one accepts it in their lives and applies it, their hearts change, a seed is planted, a desire to become like the Savior starts to grow and grow, and it is incredible. I love my Savior, I love my Heavenly Father. I am so blessed in so many ways, and I  am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the Plan of our Heavenly Father for each and every one of us.
I love you all!
Hermana Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment